Early Arrival Guide
Have some time before Check-in Time? Here's what we suggest:
Convene your group at the Frontier Cafe
A great group meeting spot, as there's plenty of seating, fast wifi, and great food options. Snagging an outdoor table makes for great people-watching. Some of our favorite shops are directly adjacent, which gives folks plenty to do.
This is the easiest spot to pick up a bag of our locally roasted coffee beans from Joshua Tree Coffee Company.
- For breakfast, the egg sandwich.
- For lunch, the BLT or their salads are always great.
- For dessert: LEMON BARS (they often sell out!)
Open Daily 7am - 7pm • 55844 Twentynine Palms Highway, Yucca Valley, CA
Pick up groceries
There are two main grocery stores on your way to the Ranch.
1) Stater Bros. is the best choice for larger quantities and bulk buys.
6am-11pm•57075 Twentynine Palms Highway, Yucca Valley, CA 92284
2) Vons is a great choice for organic selection, and fancier (it's a relative term) fare.
6am-12am •57590 Twentynine Palms Highway, Yucca Valley, CA 92284
Bonus: Kasa Market is the local Mexican market. The locals go for their great butcher counter, with pre-marinated cuts and fresh salsa.
8am-8pm •56089 Twentynine Palms Highway, Yucca Valley, CA 92284
Grab your firewood
Fires are certainly allowed on non-windy days. Circle K is directly on your way up Old Woman Springs. This is convenient because it's open 24 hours.
Open Daily 24 hours • 6940 Old Woman Springs Rd Yucca Valley, CA, US, 92284
EASY HIKES/ RAMBLES
Nothing too strenuous, these are great for getting out and stretching your legs.
Big Morongo Canyon Preserve
On the way into Yucca Valley , stop off at the Big Morongo Canyon Preserve. There's a series of lovely shaded walks, much on boardwalks above the marsh. Free admission.
Open Sunrise to Sundown • 11055 East Dr, Morongo Valley, CA 92256
Black Rock Canyon (Joshua Tree National Park)
This is a separate entrance to the Park, on your way into the town of Yucca Valley.
9678 Black Rock Canyon Rd, Yucca Valley, CA 92284
- We recommend the 2.5 hour Panorama Loop (detailed guide).
- Free admission to access this part of the park, which makes it an easy casual stop-off.